30 setembro, 2006

Música para a dor de corno. 21.


Nightswimming de Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills e Michael Stipe - R.E.M.

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.
The photograph on the dashboard, taken years ago,
Turned around backwards so the windshield shows.
Every streetlight reveals the picture in reverse.
Still, its so much clearer.
I forgot my shirt at the waters edge.
The moon is low tonight.
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.
Im not sure all these people understand.
Its not like years ago,
The fear of getting caught,
Of recklessness and water.
They cannot see me naked.
These things, they go away,
Replaced by everyday.
Nightswimming, remembering that night.
Septembers coming soon.
Im pining for the moon.
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?
That bright, tight forever drum
Could not describe nightswimming.
You, I thought I knew you.
You I cannot judge.
You, I thought you knew me,
This one laughing quietly underneath my breath.
Nightswimming.
The photograph reflects,
Every streetlight a reminder.
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night, deserves a quiet night.


Depois do estrondoso sucesso que foi «Out of Time», que tinha os mega hits "Loosing my religion" e "Shiny happy people", os R.E.M. decidiram surpreender. Em vez de fazerem render peixe com albuns ao vivo e colectâneas, fizeram um album intimista e maioritariamente acústico, «Automatic for the people», de seu nome. Até o nome é uma saborosa ironia.
Escolhi a penúltima canção deste CD, que é considerado a sua obra-prima. Exímios melodistas, só com piano e um arranjo de cordas, fazem uma melancólica evocação da infância e suas pequenas travessuras. Fotografias, banhos nocturnos, a aproximação do Outono, candeeiros de ruas.
Melancólico, sim. Mas sem grandes tristezas. Tudo certo, portanto.



Ouve-se aqui.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 da tarde, Blogger tsiwari said...

fabulástico, todo este album...

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home