15 dezembro, 2005

Música para a dor de corno. 1.

I've Been Loving You Too Long de Otis Redding & Jerry Butler

I've been loving you too long To stop now
You worked hard and you want to be free My love is growing stronger as you become a habit to me
I've been loving you a little too long I can't stop now
With you my life has been so wonderful I can't stop now
You worked hard and your love is growing cold My love is growing stronger as our affair grows old
I've been loving you a little too long I don't want to stop now
Oh, oh
I can't, I can't stop now Don't make me stop now It's too late, it's too late, it's too late I can't stop, I can't stop now Don't leave me, don't leave me Don't leave me now I can't stop, I can't stop loving you now No, no, no
Segundo o All Music, existem 162 (!) registos deste clássico. Só conheço duas: a do próprio Otis Redding e dos Tindersticks e, estou certo, são difinitivas. Otis canta com garra e emoção - marcadamente soul, portanto- enquanto que Stuart Staples aplica o seu crooning murmurado e sem vibrato, de olhos fechados e agarrado ao microfone. Na versão dos ingleses, é preciso ter atenção à bateria. Tocada de forma a produzir um som tosco que confere à música pulsão sexual.
Em ambas o naipe de metais fica divino.

Ouve-se aqui.